…these last two days. I know why, but I’m reticent to admit it. I’ve spent the last several days reading Pagel’s “The Gnostic Gospels,” and I’m struck by the many ways people interpreted Christ and Christianity, and that many willingly went to painful deaths for their beliefs. I keep thinking about my own convictions, or more correctly lack of them. What if I’m right? What if I’m wrong? Stupid, I know…but we’re all victims of our socialization, and I was socialized as a Christian. But I’m also educated to be a critical thinker. It’s like two master programmers trying to hack and corrupt each other’s software. In the end I can only fall back on acceptance and confession of what I am, a thinking individual in conflict, looking at a future that will be shorter than my past.
About The Author
Bob is an ecologist who uses this site to cultivate a lifelong interest in the human condition.
March 14, 2016
August 22, 2016
March 28, 2016
- Bob Adamcik February 10, 2018
- michael Weise February 9, 2018
- Bob Adamcik December 17, 2017
- Michael Weise December 16, 2017
- Michael Weise December 15, 2017
- Michael Weise November 17, 2017
- Bob Adamcik October 17, 2017
- Michael Weise October 16, 2017
- Michael Weise October 9, 2017
- Bob Adamcik September 17, 2017